Why do my posts still need approval?

Pretty annoying. Can’t edit to fix typos either.

it appears mine do too, I don’t recall needing approval when I was posting when the new forum first opened up.

Same here, funny posts must be at least 20 char :-p

From what I understand the previous forums had turned into a somewhat toxic community. I dont blame the admin for wanting to avoid this from happening again.

That said my posts are riddled with spelling mistakes I wish I could edit but I only have my self to blame :frowning:

It might be over-compensation. I’ve heard that in the previous forums there were problems with toxic people and trolls. So, now in the new one, the admin is having a sort of a revenge. Unfortunately user-experience suffers and well-intentioned users get the same treatment trolls should get. I would suggest a blacklist based approach. When a person appears toxic, require confirmations only for their posts.

all posts require approval as far as i know… .to prevent the major bitch fest, that tmc used to be…

I sort of like Hyena’s suggestion.
Having to wait for approval of your post is annoying. It also means extra work for Icculus, (since there are no moderators any more), it slows down the discussion flow and most likely also has a negative impactgoth on the number of active discussions and the number of responses to each thread…

The old forum had grown so toxic that drastic measures probably was the only realistic way of tackling it. However, the new Forum has had a start-up time now, and hopefully the posters have gotten used to a generally more civil tone. Perhaps it is time to grant the community a fresh chance to control themselves, and a “Blacklist” for obvious offenders might be a good way to handle it.

It would mean that “normal” users would be able to post directly without any control check, while toxic people and apparent trolls would have to pass the control, (but only after they exposed themselves as trolls by their actions). Everyone should be allowed the chance to start with a clean slate…

I think it’s a good thing.

Unless the admin is going to fix my typos for me, the edit functionality should absolutely be available.

Having to wait for approval of your post is annoying. It … slows down the discussion flow and most likely also has a negative impactgoth on the number of active discussions and the number of responses to each thread…

I definitely have been turned off by the requirement for approval, necessary as it was on launch. It slows conversations to a crawl, which really hurts engagement, alas.

The post approval stuff does stop the trolls of the mud community posting threads flaming each other! So I think personally that it works!

My posts dont require approval anymore, i think its a time based thing, or time connected to the site thing… :slight_smile:

testing testing 1 2 3

edit:

nice! my posts also no longer require approval. also I can edit :slight_smile:

I believe it’s based on trust level. A few of us got promoted to level 3 recently.

https://discourse.mudconnect.com/badges/3/regular